星期三, 10月 03, 2012

Brisbane wrap-up

Everyday is like work, play, look for work, and kick back. Since I have less than one month left before I go to Sydney, I figured why not make the most of my time and started searching for volunteer jobs. Originally I aimed for a non-profit organization called RSPCA(Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), but unfortunately it takes one month to train and minimum 3 months commitment so for now it is out of the questions. Luckily I managed to find another facility, which is a dog daycare/grooming store. Not a NPO as I hope it would be, but then again, the thought of getting close to dogs is as good enough for me.

Named as "Hollywood Dogs"(yeah I know), but there is nothing glamorous about it, simply a small open space for dogs to move around. Basically what I did was bathe the dogs, blow-dry them, cut their nails and take them for a 15 mins walk. Dogs are actually easier to handle when you bathe them because they are not scared of water like cats are. As for the dog walking, initially I was a bit hesitant about walking the Rottweiler, fearing I might not be able to contain him if he suddenly wants to make a dash. But I decided to give a go cause Alki said he has always been a good boy during the walk.

The cool thing about walking a Rottweiler is that it makes you look kinda like a badass, and he did behave well after I unleashed him in the park. Except for there is no stopping him sniffing at every tree he passed by while marking his territory with you-know-what. lol.

Here are the dogs I met today. Too bad my phone battery died so I have to substitute for web pictures.

杜賓Doberman

洛威拿Rottweiler

短毛獵狐梗Smooth Fox Terrier

貴賓狗Poodle

馬爾濟斯Maltese

邊境牧羊犬Border Collie

北京犬Pekingese(Lion dog)


At the end of the day I left there covered with dog fur, saliva and dog poop. But it was a BLAST. I enjoyed every moment with these cuties and my heart melted when I gave Monty the Doberman a bear hug. It's like being a kid again.

Thanks for lighting up my day, sweethearts.

沒有留言: